Thursday, May 13, 2010

SDTW Asks





SDTW Asks

What is the deal with plug earrings or whatever the fuck they are called?

I'm sure a few of my readers have these things in their ears :(

I can't understand why someone would want to get plug earrings? I can understand why someone would wear any sort of trend on their body like tattoos, body jewelry, face piercings, and even some of those I think are pretty lame, but I can at least understand it.

Regular earrings on dudes is okay. Not cool, just okay. It ain't lame, but it is just something I personally would not fucks with.

These ear plug gauge thingies are just blatantly awful and having to point this out to people makes me feel like an old person that yells at kids for playing rap music too loud.

What is the aesthetic you are attempting to achieve? Is it a tribal thing? Because it's not like you are living anything that resembles a tribal lifestyle. You live in a studio apartment in Williamsburg not teh Amazon. And if it is a tribal thing then why is it that you choose to show you're down with tribal shit with only your ear lobes?

Just tell me. I would love to know. Because all I can see is someone with two round warning symbols in their ears letting me know that they are certified retarded.

You: "But SDTW I have ear plugs and I love your blog and blah blah blah..."

Fuck man, I don't know what to tell you. That bums me out that you suck and that you're delusional and feel like we have common interests.

The best comparison I can even muster for this dipshit ear lobe enhancement is probably tattoos.

People make bad choices in tattoo shops daily. So much so that you can have a website completely dedicated to it LOLTATZ.

However, even with the permanency that tattoos have the fact is no matter how good of job you get done on your plugs you still look like you just clocked out of your shift at Hot Topic. It won't matter what kind of clothes you happen to be wearing. You could be in an bossy Italian suit and you will still look like the dude from Gym Class Heroes in a suit.



Maybe I value subtly more than the average person or maybe I am just not into body jewelry and piercings.

I don't understand why anyone would want to put more shit on their face.

If I go to buy a coffee some kid with 5 face piercings and clear plug things is trying to uncross his eyes because he can't stop looking at his nasal bar while simultaneously asking me if I want a scone.

The dude looks like he got his ass whooped by a tackle box.

Whatever man. I'm wasting time trying to help people and in reality they are doing me a favor by warning me that they will have nothing to offer the world.

3 comments:

  1. In the end I will have made the world a better place by allowing people like POB to have a platform to go off on those who continue to violate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a real stand here Jackson. Call Hitler evil while your at it... you gonna rail on sandals and dreads next week. Shocking revelations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob on. plugs are fuckin ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete