Wednesday, May 12, 2010

SDTW Approves



I recently was hipped to the audio version of John Jospeh's book "The Evolution Of A Cro-Magnon" by my buddy Tobey One from LOLTATZ and I have not been able to stop listening to the damn thing since I got it.

John Joseph was the original front man for the Cro-Mags amongst other things, but on here he is simply John Joseph narrator.

His story (autobiography) is nothing short of "crazy as fuck" and he tells it in a way that is less "how great he is" and more about how much environments and parents shape America's youth with his absurdly horrible upbringing as the primary example.

Right now I am at the part where he first meets H.R from Bad Brains and how he started the Cro-Mags. 30 years later from this point in the story I myself would get the chance to meet H.R from Bad Brains and it had far less impact on my life than John Joseph's. Given 30 years ago H.R was not a full blown bi-polar mess. The point being don't ever get excited about meeting your idol. 99% of the time they are going to bum you the fuck out.

This audio book is perfect for a road trip or iPod and I have to say it has a shit ton of replay value as Joseph is a damn fine story teller.

Even if you are not big on 80's hardcore punk or East Coast Hardcore you will thoroughly get into his story. Trust me.

Click Here If You Are Not Retarded

Updated Link

No comments:

Post a Comment