Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chaka



I'm not a walking encyclopedia of graffiti by any stretch. I don't really care to be either. I always end up laughing at that one graff dude that loves to "drop knowledge" about who started what style and which crew bombed the most and blah blah blah. I'm cool with just looking at the pictures if you know what I mean.

But whenever I have talked to some of the big name writers from the West Coast and someone brings up the name Chaka they always just get this look like if didn't see it for yourself you may have trouble believing it. I was all of 9 when he was doing his thing so I can't say I witnessed it first hand either.

Chaka (LOD) is said to have bombed everything in his path from Orange County to SF starting in the late 80's on through the early 90's. He bombed at such a level that no one writer has really ever matched his output since then in terms of tags.

Check out the clip above and watch a real LA legend.

Chaka will be doing his first show ever at Mid City Arts on the 25th. If you live in the area you should definitely check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment