Wednesday, June 2, 2010

80's and 90's Toys

I was high on cough medicine and meant to post up these photos I found on an 80's and 90's toys site, but forgot to. Again, most likely due to the fact that I was out of it on Dayquils and Redbull.

Anyways....

I only pulled pics of things that I remembered seeing or playing with, but were not classics like Transformers, Thundercats, G.I Joes, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Shit triggered some random memories for sure like the Snoopy Sno-Cone Maker for instance. That shit was in every families' kitchen in my neighborhood and didn't work with shit because even if you did manage not to chop your fucking fingers off messing with the ice grinder you sure as fuck did not have any syrup flavors laying around the kitchen.

Here is how the Snoopy Sno-Cone Maker worked:

It would be 97 degrees outside. Me and my homie Danny would go into the kitchen and see the Sno-Cone Maker on top of the fridge and excitedly pull it out of the box. We would then try and get the thing to chop the fucking ice. If we got that far (usually didn't) we would then realize that we did not have any sno-cone syrup in the box.

I would then shout at my mom....

Me: "Hey Mom, do we have any cherry syrup?"

My Mom: "Tell your little friend Danny that his mom is a bitch and I'm not cooking anything for that fucking bake sale."

Me: "What about strawberry syrup?"

This scenario would re-occur about 4 times a year because you'd forget what a piece of shit the thing was.

If there is a god then whoever invented that thing probably died of dick cancer.














4 comments:

  1. SilverHawks were boss. I had all of them. Shit, I wonder if they're still around my parents' house somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh,my pet monster,i had my football monster,,oldskool

    ReplyDelete
  3. BARNYARD COMMANDOS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. M.U.S.C.L.E. gets mad props, I still got mines, at least thirty of em in this old bag of mine..and I even got their wrestling ring too.

    definitely had a Barnyard Commando.
    Dino Riders, ha!

    great post

    ReplyDelete