Monday, September 24, 2007

Unruly



I went to my first Seahawks game yesterday.

In recent years the fans have been called the "loudest" in the league. Loud was one way of putting it.

It's been ages since I've been to a NFL game and when I think back I don't remember hearing heckling this good since.....well um ever.

Seahawks' fans are psychotic. Anyone wearing orange or Bengal’s' apparel got owned the whole day.

Classic phrases like:

"Chad Johnson is a homo!"

Ed* I don't personally know Chad Johnson, but how can you possibly come back from that?

The always classic:

"Give the ball to Sean."

In this case said drunk fan behind me was referring to the Seahawks' running back Sean Alexander and really wanted him to have the ball in every offensive situation possible.

When it appeared as though the Seahawks might lose the game with 2 1/2 minutes left in the game several fans got up to leave and were immediately served with this gem:

"Where you pussies going? Are you late for a massage appointment?"

Awesome.

I'm not saying I'm a full fledge Seahawks fan now. I am and have been a Charger fan since diapers, but I don't mind secretly hoping for a W each time the Hawks' play anyone other then SD.

If you live in Seattle and haven’t been down to the stadium for a game I'd highly suggest doing it just for the fans and there amazing heckle gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment