Monday, March 3, 2008

There Will Be Blood: Review



After all the hoopla and talk I finally made my way to see "There Will Be Blood" and this is what I would tell anyone interested in seeing the movie.

It is quite possibly the most intense movie about nothing I have ever seen. I love film. I would rather go to the movies over the bar any day, but I'm not gonna front and pretend I loved this movie. It's really well acted, shot, edited, scored, and all that, but you can not look me in the eye and tell me that it had a purpose. It ends and you walk out of the theater thinking "Welp, that was about nothing."

Again it is very intense in it's overall delivery and presentation, but it does not have a 3rd act or climactic turning point that gives you the viewer the sense of a journey completed.

Judge for yourself.

Discuss in the comments if you disagree.

1 comment:

  1. finally got to see the infamous There Will Be Blood... Daniel-Day Lewis' performance was top-notch. He takes well to the overbearing, violent father-figure role -- he also did this in Gangs of New York.

    ReplyDelete