Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Metallica "Kill 'Em All"



As Hallow's Eve approaches us I thought I'd keep with the metal thing and post up some more face melting shit.

This album dropped when I was all of 3 years old. My older sister probably had it as she had all things metal. My first tape purchased was Guns N' Roses "Appetite For Destruction" mainly because of her influence over my tastes at the time.



This little gem was just a bonus image I found while searching for the album cover. Nice.


This is a pretty rad story about the original title and art work for what would become "Kill 'Em All."

Taken from Wikipedia:
The band initially planned to title the album Metal Up Your Ass, and it would boast a cover featuring a toilet bowl with a hand clutching a dagger emerging from it. However, Megaforce urged them to change it and they agreed, switching to Kill 'Em All. This time the cover featured the shadow of a hand letting go of a bloodied hammer. Cliff Burton is credited with coming up with the name Kill 'Em All (referring to timid record distributors) as a response to the whole situation.



This was the original title and cover that the band submitted.


Download:

Metallica "Kill Em' All"(Full Album) (Elektra Re-Issue)

1 comment:

  1. I used to have that metal up your ass tee way back before I gained 178 pounds.

    ReplyDelete