Monday, October 13, 2008

Barrington Levy "Shaolin Temple"



I think I posted up "Moonlight Lover" waaaayy back when which pretty much covers most of these tracks, but this is one of those albums that I rarely tire of.

To my knowledge Henry "Junjo" Lawes was apprenticing under Linval Thompson and started recording a string of Barrington Levy (who was about 15 years old mind you) 45's which would ultimately become "Shaolin Temple". Barrington would go on be one of the biggest names in the dance.

Enjoy.


Track Listing:

Wedding Ring
Moonlight Lover
Bounty Hunter
Skylarking
It’s Not Easy
Looking My Love
Shine Eye Girl
Shaolin Temple
Reggae Music
Collie Weed
Stray Away Girl (Extended Version) *


* I cut the last 3 tunes cause they were just versions and would make it twice as long to download.


Download:

Barrington Levy "Shaolin Temple"

No comments:

Post a Comment