Monday, October 20, 2008

Amon Amarth



I don't know my dick from my hand when it comes to death metal. I am out of my element as Walter Sobchak would put it.

To be technical they are considered a "melodic death metal" group.

So I will save the b.s for another day.

Here's what I like about this record.

- the cover
- the fact that the band's name translates to "Mt. Doom" a la J.R.R Tolkien's L.O.T.R
- they talk about viking stuff
- it wails ass

That is pretty much all I need.


Track Listing:

1. "Twilight of the Thunder God" (feat. Roope Latvala) − 4:08
2. "Free Will Sacrifice" − 4:08
3. "Guardians of Asgaard" (feat. Lars Göran Petrov) − 4:23
4. "Where Is Your God?" − 3:11
5. "Varyags of Miklagaard" − 4:18
6. "Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags" − 4:30
7. "No Fear for the Setting Sun" − 3:54
8. "The Hero" − 4:04
9. "Live for the Kill" (feat. Apocalyptica) − 4:11
10. "Embrace the Endless Ocean" − 6:44






Download:

Amon Amarth "Twilight of The Thunder God"

No comments:

Post a Comment