Monday, January 25, 2010

Townes Van Zandt



I am on the most serious Townes Van Zandt kick right now. I mean I'm deep in it right now. I am even considering just rocking bolo ties and pearl snap shirts every day.

I don't know how many of you will like Townes.

If you're still stuck listening to the same music you liked in high school you probably won't be able to fuck with him.

He quite possibly may be the best song writer to have ever lived. A lot of his peers seem to say so and I wouldn't argue that he is at the very least one of the best of all time.

I personally like all the dark and depressing stuff the best, but there are more upbeat bluesy tracks on here too that have a little pep to them.

I will probably post a few albums up over the next couple of weeks.

GET SOME TOWNES HOMIE

The best song on this album would probably be a toss up between "Rake" and "Nothin"

Here is "Rake"

2 comments:

  1. Hey Skip. This album is killer. I've been into TVZ for ages. He has a killer tune on the Heartworn Highways soundtrack called 'Waiting Around To Die'. Get into it.
    http://www.miseryandgin.com/guy-clark/heartworn-highways/

    ReplyDelete
  2. His son is a well known graffiti writer that crushes Nashville. There is a real good documentray out there about Townes called "Be Here To Love Me." Incredible song writer.

    ReplyDelete