Thursday, January 21, 2010

Banksy Movie



Everyone has their own opinion of Banksy.

He was everybody's favorite before your mom knew who he was. It's funny how once something or someone gains mass appeal they usually get banished from the group that championed them first.

Personally, I think Banksy is great. If I have to see some street art non sense on a wall it better be funny. Dude is funny. You can hate on him all you want, but if you say he isn't funny you're just lying to yourself. And it's no secret the dude can paint. Brushes, oils, stencils, he even did that burner on a cow I think. You try painting on a cow, b!

I'm not trying to defend dude's honor. I don't own any Banksy books, art, or commemorative dishware so it doesn't matter to me.

The trailer looks pretty good and I'm sure there is much more to it than what they are revealing now which is usually the case with that cheeky fucker.

As far as street art is concerned. It is what it is. It's not graffiti. It is simply wheat paste, stickers, and such. Is it art? I don't know. I don't really care. I don't think graffiti is art either so I guess it isn't something I even care to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment