Monday, November 2, 2009

Sleep



I recently started listening to some doom metal. I think that's what it's called? I first heard about it from the homie Tobias, but I didn't start listening to it until my buddy Jamie put some on at his work.

Correct if my wrong, but the difference is in the speed. There are still solos and face melting riffs and all that good shit, but the pace is more heavy and follows a pulse instead of lightning fast rock.

It's pretty epic.

I'm calling it metal dub.

This is sort of the "Illmatic" of the genre and if you read up on Sleep they have a pretty interesting story.

Imagine hung over metal dudes taking bong loads in a dark basement somewhere getting all awesome.

Go to sleep on yonder Holy Mountain

2 comments:

  1. His is the album iwas tellin you about with the song from "Gummo"

    ReplyDelete
  2. also known as stoner rock- check out OM- its the bass and drums from SLEEP- definately very dubby
    also....
    high on fire.
    bongzilla.
    weedeater.

    ReplyDelete