Thursday, November 12, 2009

Graffiti Greatly Gets Gayer



I ordered a magazine from a graffiti website and there was a flyer for a company with this printed on it. I started laughing because I thought it was a joke about all over prints or some sort of faux brand type thing.

Then all of sudden I realized it wasn't some cleverly designed tongue in cheek joke.

It was a real brand.

It's called 4G's which stands for Guns, Graffiti, Ganja, and Girls.

Now I'm not ripping on this just for the sake of ripping on something. I understand opinions are like assholes and mine is no better or worse than anyone else's.

However, this 4G's type of "branding" or what have you is the quintessential problem with modern youth.

Kids grow up thinking sex, money, power is an actual real lifestyle and not just in graffiti, but in popular culture as well. Kids do not have anything or anyone to look up to and they are bombarded WAY more than we were. I mean if your parents didn't want you to see wild shit they basically just had to make sure you didn't watch MTV and that pretty much blocked you off from seeing anything crazy back then. I digress though.

I don't think it's fair to criticize others without offering some sort of alternative or counter point. So hear me out and tell me if this makes any sense or if you think I'm full of shit.

Kids today are fucking RETARDED!

They do not know the difference between entertainment and reality. I can listen to a Rick Ross song and I know dude hasn't sold one line of blow in his life. In fact there is probably some skinny jeans hipster rocking a kufi in Williamsburg right this second that has sold more yay than that bearded clown.

The problem is: Braiden (age 16) in Waterloo, Iowa does NOT know that "Ross" is full of shit. He listens to it, sees videos on Youtube, reads corny blogs, follows dude on Twitter, and probably BELIEVES it to be 100% real.

So no offense to whoever created 4G's, but the last thing that we need is to fuel this "bandanna clad wanna be delinquent ass bus stop thug" youth culture anymore with this guns, drugs, hoes mentality. There's already plenty of idiots that do that everyday and they are called RAPPERS.

Apologies for the rant, but I'm sick of running into these punk ass 14 year olds hellions out on the street.

Speak on it.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah I saw that.

    Gully Vs. Gaza is retarded.

    Deejay clashing is cool, but they are taking it too far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I guess you don't want me to send you one for promo that's fine but do you really gotta put my new company on blast like this Skip,come on I'm just trying to feed my babies bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pubs I'm sorry. I know you were hoping that we would do some sort of collab together, but I have to stand my ground on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigma politicians chronic guarantees signify irritating priniciples switzerland rarely audiences loop
    servimundos melifermuly

    ReplyDelete