Friday, July 18, 2008

Ice Cube "Amerikkka's Most Wanted"



After his split with N.W.A many thought (including the remaining N.W.A members) Cube would fall off.

Wrong.

This classic pushed 500,000 in the first week and was certified platinum only 2 months later.

Produced entirely by The Bomb Squad (think Public Enemy) this album practically exploded in your face.

I can't say I had it when it dropped in 1990. I was all of 9 and hadn't gotten into Cube just then. It would be many years later. I will say this though N.W.A obviously was ground breaking, but without Cube there would be no Eazy (cuz dude couldn't write a lick before Cube) and that would essentially leave you with Dre (I don't smoke weed or cess) and Ren (Mr. I wish I was the D.O.C) and Yella (snoring).

Was Cube a gangster? Not the one he portrays in his rhymes, but he was one of the best to ever pick up a pen and say "Fuck You" and that should count for something seeing as he influenced a whole generation and then some with his words.

I've posted up the whole album with all the bonus goodies that you may not have.


Download:

Ice Cube "Amerikkka's Most Wanted"

No comments:

Post a Comment