Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sly Dunbar Heavy Manners



I could care less seeing rapper such and such wearing our gear. It's almost expected these days. Rappers will wear ANYTHING for anyone.

But when I get a flick from Unite of Sly Dunbar wearing a Heavy Manners tee I get that same geeked feeling that I used to get when I first started designing tee shirts.

Who is Sly Dunbar?

Sly Dunbar along with his partner in crime Robbie Shakespeare have produced over 200,000 songs give or take.

Not impressed?

No Doubt, Madonna, Ben Harper, Bob Dylan, Mick Jagger, The Rolling Stones, Grace Jones, Joan Armatrading, Gilberto Gil, Joe Cocker, Serge Gainsbourg, Sting, Khaled, Mey Vidal, Tricky, Doug E. Fresh, Carlos Santana, Sinéad O'Connor, The Fugees and others have had these guys make songs for them in the last 30 odd years.

Thanks for making my day Sly. Keep the riddims coming and can a dude get a pound for rocking the overalls with one strap please? Easy star.

No comments:

Post a Comment