Thursday, May 14, 2009

Photo of The Day




Is this a good photo? Sure it is, but even more importantly it triggered an immediate flashback for me of the first time I took acid. I'm not condoning the use of drugs by any means, but when you are sixteen and only have a skateboard and walkman (tape not cd) to your name the idea of "hearing colors" is pretty appealing.

So as it were I was sitting in the Felicita parking lot waiting for the two tabs to kick in. They hadn't done anything as far as I could tell so I walked to 7/11 to get myself a Slurpee.

I walked out of the store and BOOOMMMMMMMM! Peaking at full bore. Passers by saw a kid staring into the eternal depths of his Slurpee believing (at the time of course) that somewhere in that frozen slush of Coke with a dash of Cherry (like there is a better combo?) was the key to life.

Spoiler alert. There was no "answer" to life's eternal question I was just a stupid 16 year old with a head full of acid who was about an hour away from being grounded.

Grounded on acid. Those were the days.

3 comments:

  1. Doom M.B. Falcon.May 15, 2009 at 6:18 PM

    tape players for real. those things had the best volume levels. ear chaos. slurpee caper numero uno, great stash spot for candy bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rofl!!
    I always wanted to try acid...never got the chance before it was too late.

    Dm

    ReplyDelete