Monday, January 24, 2011

SDTW SAYS...




SDTW Says...

I Hate Hater Gear

I didn't write that for irony mind you.

I rarely use the word hater. It's fucking dumb. It describes someone that doesn't really exist. Well they do exist, but their intentions are so over hyped that people have given the "hater" a permanent place in the public lexicon.

Why in the fuck.....would you wear something that brags about how secure you are that people may or may not like you or something you do?

The people that rock this shit like it's a uniform tend to ALWAYS be males, at bus stops, bumming cigarettes, have moon boot skate shoes, and usually are about 17 years old.

I walk by and see that "I Heart Haters" tee shirt or hat on and ironically it makes me think the exact OPPOSITE opinion of what they were hoping to achieve. Why? Because in less than a second I know the person wearing it is a fucking idiot. Boom. There YOU are homie. Burnt. Avoiding you for infinity.

Am I really suppose to buy the concept that you are so "burdened" with talent that a group of people has formed to criticize and or thwart your entire enterprise?

And if I were to buy into that ridiculous thought I am ALSO to give validity to the idea that you have found it more convenient to wear clothing/headwear that announces said sentiments as to alleviate you from having to have said conversations with this group?

Now entering... Marksville. Population: You

These kids are not fucking Taoists. They can not spell reverse psychology. They are fucking 17.

Me: Do you know why people "hate on you" Derrick?

Derrick: Why, dawg?

Me: Because you're FUCKING 17.

No one likes 17 year olds except other 17 year olds.

I blame rap mostly. I tend to blame rap for a lot of things.

I could go on about how using the word "hater" is a way to negate genuine criticism and how "haters" are nothing more than people with opinions that differ from yours, but why?

I can not save the young bus stop trappers from their fates.

The reality is I'm glad they have a uniform as it makes them easier to spot.

4 comments:

  1. hahahaaha so true man. this rants are the best part of this site. fuckin funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha the best article I've been reading for months...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 17. But I agree 100%. Fuck these kids.

    ReplyDelete