Monday, October 12, 2009

Barrington Levy



I feel like a broken record talking about how good Barrington Levy's catalog is. Anything he did in the late 70's and early 80's murders. It's hard to find an album I don't like.

I don't own the vinyl for this so I can't confirm when it came out, but most sites have it coming out from somewhere between 1982 - 1985.

As usual it is filled with bass heavy riddims and the "ghetto canary" singing over them perfectly.

Run it:

Tracks:
Trying To Ruin My Life
My Love Don't Come Easy
Mine You Hurt Mom
Skanking On Broadway
Open Book
Begging You A Ten Cent Sir
Ever Since
When You Are Feeling Hungry

Click here....

2 comments:

  1. linkee no workee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Every LP is solid. One thing that bothers me about Barrington is that a lot of his hits aren't nearly as good as his non-hits.

    ReplyDelete