Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday




I don't care about either team, but I will be watching the game none the less.

I may have mentioned this before, but yours truly did live in Dallas, Texas (where the Super Bowl is being played see how I created context there?) for almost 3 years.

During that time I was introduced to Screw tapes and all that by default from Dallas' proximity to Houston.

But this post ain't about Screw music.

It is about two virtually unknown Dallas rappers named Mr. Pookie and Mr. Lucci.

If you are not sold on those names then you're an idiot. Classic name branding. Shit sounds super proper.

Anyways, I've never EVER heard anyone mention these two on the blogosphere or even in a sentence and I think that is shame because these two are responsible for some very good "player rap".

Player rap as defined by SDTW is essentially basic ass rap, but has a non famous chubby dude singing player esq hooks for the chorus and the rapper just talks about some ol extra regular ass player shit weed, money, bread, hoes, cars, etc. They usually lean towards more playertastical production so expect heavy bass and key boards.

That being said this shit is the knock and based on album covers alone you need both of these motherfuckers in your iTunes stat.

*Update I can't find a link to Mr. Lucci send me that shit

Say this shit isn't good...




Get em here.....

Mr. Pookie



1 comment:

  1. I was raised in Dallas listening to these guys. I had no idea they weren't everywhere. You learn something new everyday. Good shit.

    ReplyDelete