Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lil Boosie



If you are curious as to why I support blatantly out of pocket ignorant rap it is directly related to the fact that I lived in the South for 3 years. I became obsessed with chopped and screwed tapes in 2001 or so and have never been able to stop listening to the damn music.

Granted it is more chic to bump Southern rap now, but at the time when I'd come home to San Diego my friends thought I was loony for listening to half speed rap with dudes named Chamillionaire, Mr. Lucci, Slim Thug, no less.

Lil Boosie is a whole other beast. Dude is from Louisiana which is probably one of the craziest backwoods states I've ever been to. Louisiana makes Texas looks like Switzerland if that lends you any perspective.

I think he sort of sounds like a little kid who is acting up in class which sort of becomes his most "endearing" quality after a few listens. Ironically I believe Lil Boosie is the father of six children which might explain where he derives his youthful tone.

You will just have to trust me on this one.

Let's get it:

Lil Boosie "Bad Azz"

2 comments:

  1. "makes Texas look like Switzerland" haha nice one Skipper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. boosie is hard! can't wait for superbad to drop.

    ReplyDelete